Sunday, September 13, 2009

NFL vs. College Football

Along with afternoon cocktails and Asian women, another minor vice of mine is gambling on football. I don't gamble much, and don't do it consistently, but I do find myself sitting on the edge of my seat for a Central Michigan - Idaho State caliber matchup from time to time. My theory is that lesser known college games have softer lines than the marquee games. This approach has treated me well over the years. Yesterday was not one of those days. Went big on USC, and they did not cover. No worries, just dropped my Michelob Light for a Famous Grouse. All was well.

However I do temper the said vice in that I choose not to gamble on the NFL anymore. The parody in the NFL turns every game into a coin toss. 4th quarter backdoor covers have ruined my Sunday afternoons more than a few times. Nothing worse, as Sundays are bad enough without the smart of debt.

So, akin to my taste in women, I'll steer clear of the professionals (for now) and stick with what works : the college-age contingent.


PLS&D

No comments:

Post a Comment