Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seasonal Tastes















What say you? The right or the left? Unlike my politics, my decision here is clear-cut.

Winter
? I abhor it. I have been fortunate enough to spend the past few winters in Panama and have not felt the Balitc thrusts of Old Man Winter for a while. I am fearful of what effect this winter, and for that case autumn, may have on my psyche. Regardless of who I wake up beside, my daily morale is 100% correlated to the temperature outside and the amount of sunshine peaking through my mahogany blinds in the morning.

Besides the aforementioned, my contempt for winter is based upon the unacceptable seasonal sartorial shifts. When I sit down at day's end to enjoy hard-earned libation, the last sight I fancy is a gorgeous woman fortified in enough garb to make Vladimir Putin jealous. Myself, I prefer the Panamanian choice of "winter" dress, which usually involves nary enough cloth to decorate a Yorkie's neck.

My love for warm weather is deep-seated and well substantiated, and I'd appreciate if you would not try and offer me justifications for winter such as "I love the snow" and "I enjoy the seasons changing." I predict my frequent flyer miles may be exhausted at winter's end.


PLS&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment